Not even sure how to approach this.....

Due to my 'advanced maternal age' I have to have a lot of testing. I had the sonogram which looked great. At the same time they took some blood to test for a few other things.

I came back with a 1 in 5536 chance of a Trisomy 18 baby. That is what my cousin's baby died from in December.

I came back with a 1 in 14 chance of a Down's Syndrome baby. That means there is a 93% chance that everything is ok. All I can think is 1 in 14 doesn't really equate with 93% in my brain. Bear is frustrated that I'm looking at the negative but I'm all kinds of freaked out. No sleep. High anxiety. Started my 5 class accelerated semester last night. Hoo boy.

Amniocentisis on Monday. A needle stuck into my belly, into the circle that houses the baby, into my core for a sample. Then only 7-10 for test results. I'm staying away from bridges.....

0 comments: