Guarded Good News!



I went to sleep at around 2:30 this morning. I woke up at 6 am. I was not so relaxed.

I got to Yale at 8:15 sharp as requested. I was told the genetic counselor doesn't get in til 8:30. I wondered if they give themselves wiggle room for people who are late. I'm rarely late. I hate late. My husband is always late but that is a whole other issue....

The good news is that according to the measurements, Cleatus the Fetus is looking mighty fine. They measure things like kidney size (normal), head size (not at all melon like), limb length and how long the fingers look. Truly wild being able to see all that is going on inside my tummy while I travel the countryside, watch TV, read and go to school. But-everything looks normal. As in, as normal as possible when you consider the parents...

I know our child will naturally challenge authority. Will be completely unable to be a part of the status quo. Will have a touch of ADD. I'm just hoping it will be all these things without a helmut on.

My mother-in-law came to the appointment with me. She cried when she saw the baby. It was pretty neat. I'm thinking of selling tickets to my next ultra-sound!

SO thanks for the positive vibes, good thoughts and karma shooters that came my way this week. I'll get the results in 7-10 days but I feel confident in that all is well in the belly.

Thank you.

0 comments: