deals with the devil

I 'won' the highly coveted Wii Guitar Hero on Ebay at the beginning of December. The guy was soooo nice, agreed to ship it right to my darling Sam in Vermont. It never arrived. And he didn't get his label through Paypal - so no free tracking. And neither of us got insurance - so bye bye Guitar Hero.

We've been going back and forth on it. I had to open a dispute ... long story short, he was responsible and today he refunded me before being made to. So nice! And I got a nice email, which is not the norm when you're fighting with a stranger. Anyway ...

I promised Rio she could watch 'one of her shows' while I did my morning round of calling all the local Best Buys, Circuit Citys, and Targets. Phone call number 2 YIELDED A GUITAR HERO! 3! FOR Wii!

So, I asked the girl if she would please, please, please hold it for me! She said:

"We're not supposed to, but I totally recognize your voice. It'll be here for you!"

Now I gotta hustle the kid and go get it!

4 comments:

Tia*Pia said...

HOW did I know you'd blog about this! you should have written about our conversation where I was confused as to why you were so HYSTERICAL on the phone. :)
I GOT GUITAR HERO! I GOT GUITAR HERO!
And funny.. I thought it was for ME at first. baaaaha.

nita said...

darling girl, of *course* you thought it was for you! such is being the center of the universe :)

do you even have a wii?! hahahaha. get a job.

xx

Michael said...

I'm jealous -- we have no Wii.

Regarding that CD, I can burn most of the songs that I didn't get from iTunes -- I've reached my limit on CDs for those. If you'd really like, I can make you a mix of songs I like to run to, it'd be similar to list I made, with a few substitutions. lemme know...

Diana said...

My second week at my new job, my boss had me calling stores with her to see who had a Wii so she could buy it for her son... really.
And e-bay...you're braver than I because I have HAD it with them...