where one song rocks my world; for generations

Seriously? I've read all about infant brain development and I'm very aware of the evils and general misogyny of Disney and I'm ridiculously conscious of my language so I'm not adding to the barrage of gender bias in Rio's world ... I try soooo hard to be careful about what she watches and listens to even though if I ever saw an actual Big Red Dog I might try to hit it just a little bit AND I can't get 'Ten In The Bed' out of my head ... but every once in a while I think I should just throw in the towel. I should let her watch 'Dawson's Creek' and 'Sex and The City'. I should let her eat neon colored foods and drink high fructose corn syrup straight from the bottle. I should only have her bathe when *she* feels like it and I shouldn't bother with all the french baby stuff.

Why the change of heart? I'll tell you. Despite the fact that I maintain a Miss Porter's School For Girls training manual regiment, I obviously can't pull this off. Somewhere, I must have a leak. A pinhole where my natural badass, not a good role model, who gave that woman a KID-edness is shwoooshing out, into our immediate atmosphere.

Today, with Uncle Marky AND Daddy AND Jack riding along, her clear as a bell little voice piped up from the backseat and asked, "Can we hear 'Whoop That Trick'?".

I'll be in my room.

0 comments: