Carlie


When they picked up the scumbag that grabbed her and he wouldn't cooperate, I knew it wasn't going to end well. I'm guessing the police were able to search his home, work, etc. and she wasn't found. The news said the guy wasn't cooperating. No shit, huh? Today she was found dead near where she was grabbed. I saw the news footage of her body, wrapped in white and strapped to a gurney, being wheeled out of the woods where she probably died. No doubt, terribly. These things always piss me off but I'm even more sensitive these days.

I feel strongly that we all have a responsibility to 'do' something. How can a tragedy like this be avoided? In Florida it has come to light that the man was brought before a judge for parole violations but the judge didn't send him back to jail. Bad news folks-I used to volunteer at the courthouse and that happens every day. The jails are simply too full. My husband thinks criminals should be forced to generate electricity through manual labor-running on a wheel, rowing, etc. I just don't know what to think.

I wonder how early is too early to teach my child fear.

0 comments: