new and interesting ways to make my head explode

She's reading. A lot. Big and involved words. Thinking all.the.time. She's constantly asking me what words mean. It's been great for me to try to get concepts like satisfied across. My brain is creaky but enjoying this new level of interaction.

However.

She recently made up a word. I believe it's spelled O-Z-U-L-E-E-N-E-R-S. She would NO DOUBT correct me. The only challenge is that it's now on the list of "What does that mean?" and how in the hell am I supposed to answer that?

I made up a definition after being asked 4,117 times since breakfast "What does 'ozuleeners' mean?".

me: It means to scrub.

rio: Actually,that's not even close.

me: Well then, what does it mean?

rio: How should I know? That's why I asked you!

7 comments:

JUST ME said...

I'm so glad you're back!!!

My life has been cold and empty without you.

Masked Mom said...

Love this!

teahouse said...

Hahahaha...well, I think you've got a future national spelling bee champ on your hands!

Alice said...

AHAHAHAHA... i can so see my little sister doing this to our mom.. :-)

kelbutt said...

Hey! You're back! I'm happy about that.

Woo222 said...

Yaaaaay you're back!!! I'm SOOOOO glad!!

teahouse said...

Tee hee hee. What an articulate little girl!